Monday, January 28, 2008

The loss of a prophet


Last night the beloved prophet

Gordon B. Hinckley died. I can not express how sad I am for the loss of such a great man. I feel he was a gift from a loving Heavenly Father who served his community, his state, his nation and most importantly his Savior in an incredible manner. The loss to me personally as one who loved to hear him talk and to the church as a whole can not be expressed in words. The only positive to his passing is that he is now reunited with his beloved wife and with those prophets who have served before. While the earth mourns today the loss of a truly great prophet, I am certain that Heaven rejoices the return of a king. Of course, President Hinckley will be the first to crack a joke. Oh how we will miss him. How glad they must be to have him home.

No comments: