Monday, June 2, 2008

Things I love about kids . . .

Griffin decided today that he wanted to make brownies by himself - without me doing it and he did do most of it too. I will admit that I did pour the saucepan of hot cocoa and butter into the batter (for obvious reasons, I think) and that I did pour the bowl full of batter into the pan (the thought of him dropping that and it splattering all over my kitchen made me sick), but beside that he did do it all himself. He was really cute and determined. Here he is while it is mixing (he told me that it already smelled liked brownies - so CUTE!)


Here the kids are enjoying Griffin's brownies. I will admit that I have not eaten any as I am cutting such food out of my diet (mainly because once I take a small bite I can rationalize eating half a pan), but the kids all asked for seconds and loved them!

Once Savannah saw Griffin cooking she decided she would help with dinner. See how happy she is as she puts sauce on the pizzas. Yes she found the most efficient way was with her hands . . . mmm yummy!

This weekend Dylan watched a cowboy movie with Grandpa. So, Dylan said yesterday as we had some IBC rootbeer with dinner, this is what the cowboys were drinking in the movie yesterday when they were drinking at that counter and then throwing and breaking the bottles. I am going to let him believe that as long as I possibly can. So cute!

Finally my sweet Zach. Everytime I start getting really frustrated and I may raise my voice a bit or close my eyes for a second he comes up to me and gives me a great big hug and says, "You are the best mommy ever!" I just love that and EVERY time it melts my heart and makes me feel instantly better. I just LOVE kids!


1 comment:

Mendel Family said...

Kim I love the IBC rootbeer! Kids are so great and innocent! Gotta love it!