Friday, February 12, 2010

Olivia Fife

This is a picture of my neice who was stillborn on January 28,2010. To say that we had been anticipating her birth is an understatement. The yougest cousin is now 20 months and for our family that is the largest gap we have ever had. We were so excited for Olivia! Heavenly Father had other plans and has taken her home with him. We will always miss her! I wrote a poem about Olivia for Heather for Olivia's service. I have posted it here. All my love to my sister and her family for their loss! We will always love you Olivia!
Olivia’s Poem
Olivia, Olivia how I dreamed of a night
Your brown hair so soft and new and your eyes so full of light
The way I would love to hold you close and welcome you here
I would kiss your face and beam with pride with Daddy standing near.
Forevermore I will picture your sweet angelic face
And dream of you, Evan and Audrey in a lovely place.
The brief moments we shared together passed by way too fast.
How I long to be with you and see your smile at last.
Sweet Olivia did you know your name means Olive trees?
They give to earth a quiet strength, simple beauty and peace.
From the flood in ancient days it was the first to grow
A beauty like those aging trees I knew you would show
Then from the Garden long ago the master bent in pain
Did grasp onto an olive tree and find his strength maintained.
From that act long ago comes the promise of forever
That knowledge gives me peace - our family cannot be severed.
Olivia, so perfect, how we long your face to see
Instead I’m left with memories of what I’d hoped would be.
You have returned to loving hands in heavens far above
Everyday we'll miss our baby and dream of you - our love.
For now we are separated and though the years seem long
Through love of our family and the gospel truths so strong
We will wait to reunite and hold our cute baby too.
Goodbye for a time, Olivia we'll always love you!

5 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Loved that poem! It was so beautiful when you read it at the funeral.

Wendy said...

My heart just breaks for your whole family, Kim! Beautiful poem. How hard! She looks like she belongs in the Beck family too! She's got that look! I feel your pain and hope there will be peace...sincerely

Alicia said...

I am at a loss for words Kim, that was an absolutely beautiful entry and what a beautiful baby. My love and prayers have been with your family during this time.

Unknown said...

i'm so sorry for your sister and your family! what a beautiful photo and beautiful poem! much love!

Lavinia said...

Wow, that was so beautiful. What a sweet poem. I'm sorry about your family's loss.