Saturday, August 11, 2007

Last weekend of summer . . .

Well, we have had a very exciting weekend, well at least for a family with four young children. First we went on Friday to see the kids teachers for next year. Neither of my kids got the teacher they wanted, but I am sure it will work out for the best. Griffin got a Mrs. Hanson who is teaching the 1st/2nd grade combo class I don't know anything about her, but the plus is his best friend from Kindergarten is in his class with him so that will be nice for him. Dylan got Mr. Lindoff. He was not my top choice, but I am hoping that it will work out. Unfortunately, his best friend from preschool got someone else and so that will be hard on Dylan, especially since they do not have recess or lunch together. At any rate, school starts Monday and so we will see.

Friday night Britney and Matthew came to stay the night with us. We stayed up late chatting and then enjoyed our traditional Saturday morning pancakes. Afterwards, the three boys, Matthew and I went to the primary activity day - water fun. Needless to say none of us walked away even a little bit dry, but we did have TONS of fun!!! We had a great lunch together and then spent the rest of the evening/afternoon playing games and hanging out. Thanks Matthew and Britney for coming up to see us - it was so much fun.

Tomorrow, Dylan gives a talk in primary and then we will come home and enjoy an afternoon of getting ready for school and playing games together.

I am so sad summer is over and so NERVOUS for my boys to start school (especially Dylan). I am sure everything will work out just fine!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I am sad that summer is coming to an end as well:( Dylan will do well in kindergarten, he is such a good boy. Call me and let me know how school goes for them!!!!!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Hope school went well today for the boys! Jared threw up yesterday at church...our first time in that ward, so he didn't go to his first day of school today...he will tomorrow though...Yippee! He's got a great teacher so we are excited.